Years of refinement have produced an amplifier of unparalleled clarity and musicality at its price. These space efficient monoblocks, sold in single monoblocks or in pairs, are an excellent choice for the two-channel as well as home theater systems. Using EL34 tubes that are known for their sweet top end and rich midrange, these monoblocks are best suited for planar and electrostatic speakers as well as highly efficient floor standing dynamic speakers.
- High energy storage power supply >200 joules.
- VTL proprietary output transformer
- Tetrode/Triode Switchable
- 100 watts per channel in tetrode
- 50 watts per channel in triode
- 4 EL34 tubes per channel with individual bias setting for each tube
- Extruded aluminum front panel with luxurious, modern look – black and silver options available
- Front panel comes with a window of thick smoked glass where you can see the glow of tubes
DocumentationMB-125 Data Sheet
|Vacuum Tube Complement||4 x EL34, 2 x 12AT7|
20Hz – 20kHz <3%
|Tetrode: 100W, Triode: 50W
|Optimum load range||2Ω – 8Ω|
|S/N Ratio||-95dB, 120Hz @ 100W Tetrode or 50W Triode|
|Power consumption||Idle = 100W, Full power = 300W|
|Primary mains fuse ratings||100/120V = 6A Ceramic Slo Blo, 220/240V = 3A Ceramic Slo Blo|
|B+ fuse ratings||0.75A Fast Acting Ceramic|
|Dimensions W x D x H||16 x 12 x 7 inches (40 x 30 x 18 cm)|
|Weight per monoblock
||42lbs (22Kg) unpacked, 45lbs (25Kg) packed|
VTL MB-125 Monobloc Amplifiers
…Few amplifiers have had the impact or had our reference system singing to the triumphant levels that the visually unassuming MB-125s have. Call it synergy, within the microcosm of my reference system, or call it all-round potential excellence in the audio world at large. One thing’s for sure – shopping at this price point and not trying the MB-125s is totally at your peril because, in the world of the high-end, the VTL MB-125 little monos are one hell of a bargain.
- Edgar Kramer, AudioEsoterica (Australia,) June 2013